Don’t we all wish for our baby’s nursey to look as picture perfect as the interior design magazines! But amidst all these home décor ideas, we always have a stringent budget to adhere to. If you are an expecting parent who is trying to setup a cosy hideout for you bundle-of-joy, then you have come to the right place. Today we are going to take you through some expert approved tips of imparting an interior makeover to your nursey within a budget.
- Gender colour cliches have become a thing of past as modern parents are increasingly opting for neutral shades which induce a calming effect on your baby. Choosing a decorative base nursery wallpaper in neutral shades having accents in different tones will make the room makeover seamless over the years coupled with your child’s increasing age.
- When it comes to decorating the nursery, the main focus remains on the crib. Convertible cribs can double up as a twin or toddler bed to accommodate the growing age of your child. But you also need to take care on choosing the perfect couch or armchair for your baby. Romantic rocking chairs and upholstered armchairs with wraparound padding can deliver natural support to your back and head while you spend hours in the nursery putting your baby to sleep.
- Parents often face storage crisis following the arrival of the baby as the baby products multiple around the house. This makes it imperative to plan out the storage areas well in advance for maintaining a peaceful and tranquil vibe. You can look for cots having storage area, wardrobes and changing stations with extra space and the like. Furnitures having soft curves can make your room look more spacious especially if you have limited floor space.
- Using accessories such as colourful toys can impart a fun look to the nursery. You can also use other accessories like pompoms, floor cushions, blankets and tassels for adding to the comfort quotient of this place where you are going to spend a lot of time in days to come.
- Modern parents often opt for themed décor to amp up their nursery. The choice can be made between a doll, an animal or even a child’s drawing which serves as the focal point of the whole room. Animals like dinosaurs and unicorns can amplify your baby’s imagination. You can even choose amongst landscapes such as a beach or forest. But for best results, you need to avoid repetition of the thematic figure. Adding a few touches in a balanced way can serve you well rather than adding the central motif in every single decorative element.
- If you do not have the budget for completely new flooring, then placing a soft area rug can get the ball rolling in your favour. It can even add a cosy twist to the nursery. But it is always advisable to stick to baby-friendly rugs made of natural fibres.
- Lighting holds an important role in determining the overall nursery aesthetics. Your aim here should be to select unique industrial bulbs, cute wall scones or light globes which radiate a soothing feel.
Expecting parents usually start preparing the nursery during the second trimester. However, to be on the safer side, it is always advisable to start with the planning at least six months prior to your anticipated delivery date. You might require more than one store trip to find the perfect crib and the chosen furniture might also take time to arrive. Preparing a nursery shouldn’t cost you an arm and leg. You are most likely to change the decorations for accommodating the growing needs of your child after two to three years. Just a little creativity and know-how can help you design comfortable spaces for your little one.